The Shopify Plus extension was intended to address the demand for enterprise eCommerce among the rising small and medium-sized businesses. Shopify Plus is created specifically for established online stores that are fast developing, and for new ventures that are just getting started. It is a wholly hosted service that is designed, staffed, and priced to meet the unique needs of large brand enterprises.
It calls itself the “Shopify Plus platform for businesses who want to grow.”
In order to combat established eCommerce platforms like Magento, Volusion, and Demandware, Shopify introduced the notion of Shopify Plus. Instead of hosting in-house content on the company’s website, hosting that content on the website offers greater control over what the business is saying to the world.
Shopify Plus Features
- Shopify Plus Apps: The Shopify Flow is a critical benefit because it focuses on creator control and preference. Flow enables the customization and automation of formerly manual inventory and order operations – resulting in more efficient and error-free use of internal resources.
- Shopify Launchpad: Consider the Shopify Launchpad as a campaign scheduler. On command, Launchpad will arrange and schedule large sales events or product releases in advance. Create settings to automatically roll out themes, collections pages, and site-wide promotions, all while analyzing and pivoting on performance via the campaign dashboard.
- Shopify Pay: Customers can skip providing their shipping and payment information details when they purchase from you or any other Shopify business that also uses Shopify Payments. Such ease of use can result in recurrent purchases.
- Shopify Plus Merchant Success Program: As larger companies with more clout and influence, merchants are granted access to newly developed features such as specialized support systems, the Shopify Plus Academy for industry education, a Merchant Growth Model to track profit, platform, and ecosystem tracing for user-friendly experiences, and the Plus Community of merchants.
- Shopify Scripts: These freshly developed codes, or scripts,’ enable features such as a shopping cart automation tool for dynamic upselling or cross-promotional sales, as well as automatic discounting. Alternatively, based on the customer or the contents of the cart, intuitively deleting certain payment and shipping methods.
- Wholesale Channels: Purchase orders can be sent via your reseller network’s B2B channels. Create different price lists to categorize and price products according to the consumer. Allow clients to check out and pay online, or to submit payment orders and pay later on net terms.
- Multiple currency Support: Unlike the original platform, Shopify Plus sites can now function in many languages, currencies, and countries around the world.
- Extended API Support: Additionally, Shopify Plus supports a considerably broader selection of API interfaces, allowing for significant changes to your operations and technology stack. Create customized functionality for merchants with a high gross merchandise value (GMV) by utilizing Shopify Plus-exclusive APIs. Additionally, retailers benefit from a 5x increase in API call rates with Plus, which optimizes data flow between your Shopify Plus platform and third-party systems (ie. ERP, PIM, OMS, etc.)
- Discount and Giftcard Support: Shopify Plus enables the creation of discount codes and gift cards for customers to spend on your site.
3 Shopify Plus Alternatives and similar sites.
The best Shopify Plus alternatives based on verified reviews and community votes.
Latest update: May 21, 2022