Skype is an instant messaging tool which is owned by Microsoft. It is one of the most popular tools for text chat, video chat, and audio chatting.
Some of the wonderful features of skype are
- HD Video Calling: Experience crystal clear audio and HD video in one to one or group calls – now with call reactions too.
- Subtitles and Call recording : Record Skype calls to capture special moments, note key decisions and use live subtitles to read the words that are spoken.
- Screen sharing: Easily share presentations, holiday photos or anything on your screen during a call with integrated screen sharing
- Skype to phone calls: Call landlines and mobiles from anywhere in the world at great low rates using Skype Credit. Save even more if you call specific destinations using Skype subscriptions.
- Skype numbers
- Send Files: Share photos, videos, and other files up to 300 MB by simply dragging and dropping files into your conversation window.
14 Skype Alternatives and similar sites.
The best Skype alternatives based on verified reviews and community votes.
Latest update: September 22, 2022
Google hangout lets you chat with up to ten people at a time free of charge via video, text, and video and text chats. You can also enjoy free VoIP calls if you are in the US or Canada. It also offers paid VoIP calls for those outside the two regions at relatively cheaper prices as compared to other VoIP service providers.
ICQ is an instant messenger that dates all the way back to the 1980s. Originally developed by the Israeli company Mirabilis, it was later acquired by AOL, and is now owned by the Russian “mail.ru” group (known for one of the largest social networks). ICQ has been completely redesigned and is nothing like the “old ICQ.” It is available on nearly every platform, including Web, Desktop, Mobile, and even WAP.